By Susan Howard
We like to feel good and so often times we reward ourselves with food or drink.
“I work hard, I deserve a few rounds of cocktails at happy hour.”
“I have a twelve-hour work day, I am eating an afternoon cookie.”
“It’s Friday, I am need of a double espresso Frappuccino.” (The last one was one I use.)
You’ve earned it, give yourself a treat, BUT I challenge you to NOT to make it food or drink related. Try these ideas instead:
- Take an undisturbed, kid-free bathtub with candles and classical music.
- Walk your dog listening to your favorite podcast or an album you love.
- Retail therapy, stroll a nearby mall and shop.
- Go see a live band, book reading, or theater performance.
- Hit a day spa. (All my gay guy friends seem to be amazing at taking care of their skin and cuticles alike! Take note.)
Do one nice thing for yourself everyday.
It doesn’t have to be elaborate, but does take a bit of planning.
You are worth it.